Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Ready for vacation

I've been busy today getting the laundry done up and making a packing list. Saturday we leave for our annual vaction in Ocean City, MD and I can't wait to get there! Tomorrow I don't have to babysit so I will do the errands that need done, clean the house and pay the bills :( Then on Friday I will try to load as much as I can by myself while dh and son are at work. I want to go scrapping Friday night and if I dont get the Explorer packed early I won't be able to go. I don't know how much I will be able to do myself with Allison here and my arthritis and fibro problems but I am going to give it my best shot. I am really going to miss Allison this year. Now that I spend almost every day with her it will be hard to be away a whole week. At least I can call her, she will talk on the phone now. I sure wish they would come along with us. There is room in the apartment we rent but my SIL doesn't like to go on vacation.

We stay in an apartment on the boardwalk near the pier. I love being right at the center of all the excitement. Hopefully the weather will be good this year. I found out last summer that the rash and hives I get every year while we are there is sun poisoning so this year my goal is not to get it. I usually try to tan but never do so this year, I just won't even try. My brother and his family are joining us this year. They aren't staying with us, I got them a hotel room on 13th and boardwalk. They have four kids that are quite a handful. Our apartment only sleeps six so we consider ourselves lucky that we could truthfully say they couldn't stay with us for that reason. Now, don't think I don't love my brother and his family but we do want some peace and quiet time too. With three boys 4, 3, and 2 quiet is not something they have much of. They also have a 7 month baby girl. So we will get to spend time together and also do our own thing. Some of the things I enjoy doing are crabbing, sitting on the beach (under my umbrella), miniature golf, treasure hunting with a metal detector and people watching on the boards.

No comments: