Saturday, December 29, 2007

Altered book

I finally finished my first altered book. I've been working on it off and on for a couple months. Last night I worked on it at my weekly crop then I finished it this afternoon. I used a kids board book from the Dollar Tree. First I peeled off the shiny pages and I was left with a rough board book. I glued the pages together in groups of two for the cover, first page and back cover. Then I cut an ATC size hole through the remaining pages except the last one to make a niche, gluing them after they were all cut. I collaged all the pages then used lots of distress ink on them. I made two pockets that hold tags and one that holds an old letter I cut from a clip art book and aged. I used photos from my personal collection, collage kits and the web. For the embellishments I used buttons, stickers, a poker chip, brads, photo turns, beads, fibers, a metal key, Grungeboard, a tea bag and micro beads. Click on the pictures for a better look.


Here are the tags


Here is a close up of the beaded sticker from page three.

I made a bunch of ATCs last weekend and with the Christmas preparations, I didn't get a chance to upload them.









We had a good Christmas, I cooked a big dinner and Bob's dad came over to eat with us. I got a laser printer and can't wait until I get it set up. I need to make room for it first and get a USB cord. I'll probably do that tomorrow after church. My birthday was Thursday and Jessica took me out for lunch then Chris took me out for dinner. Chris's girlfriend, Liz, got me An Officer and A Gentleman - my all time favorite movie! So my birthday went pretty good too except that Bob didn't get me anything. Well, it is getting late and I'd better go try to get some sleep so I can make it to church tomorrow. Until next time, God bless.

4 comments:

Crissi Harvey said...

Wow your book is beautiful as are your ATC's

crissi xx

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your first book is amazing!! I just finished one a few months ago on Frida Kahlo...my first as well. I want to try the board book too! Can you explain the pages inbetween? You made it out of a board game I understand that but what about the pages? How did you make the beautiful fringe on the corner binding? Sorry for so many questions. I loved your ATCs too! Can you make them out of regular playing cards?

Pink Elephant Soapery said...

Beautiful book! Thanks for sharing with us.

Unknown said...

Beautiful AB ! I loved !
Congrats !
Thanks for sharing !